Saturday, August 28, 2010

SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY WITH A SHEPHERD'S TOUCH - IS IT POSSIBLE?

If you have a hard time reading, even excellent, books presenting  the fundamental essential doctrines of the faith (and I could recommend some very good ones), then this book is for you.

Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe is an unabridged recording by Authors Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears. I found it to be very pastoral in its delivery. I do not know whose decision it was to use Sean Runnette to read, but it strongly added to the pastoral delivery of this book.

The pastoral expression of this came out in the tone in which it was read. In addition to this, the content is accessible (understandable) to all, helpful clarifications were given, and warnings (as needed) were given. I had the impression as I was listening to this that I was being shepherded.

This having been said, I am not taking everything at face value. There are some individual statements within the doctrines presented that I will be researching in more detail. These statements did not affect the fundamental truths being taught but, I would be a poor example of a Berean if I did not search for myself to see if even those things are to be found in Scripture. Overall, these various doctrines are "What Every Christian Should Believe".

I have no problem with recommending this book. If you are interested in it you can purchase it at http://christianaudio.com/.



I am a volunteer member of the christianaudio Reviewers Program. I am not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All encouraging and edifying comments welcome!