Tuesday, May 25, 2010

THE BATTLE IS THE LORD'S - but he is pleased to use us as His hands and feet!

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
who trains my hands for war,
and my fingers for battle;
2 he is my steadfast love and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield and he in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me.

As it says in another place "the battle is the Lord's". It is indeed! This verse shares the means he uses to "subdue peoples under me."

While this passage is rooted in physical battles, I cannot help but think in terms of the spiritual battle we are in every time we engage with those who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul puts the battle in spiritual terms (read Ephesians 6),

With this knowledge let us arm ourselves with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God! Let us take up the shield of faith, faith in our Lord, the rock who trains us for war!

Our victory is in the Lord! Our protection is in the Lord! Our strength is in the Lord! Blessed be the Name of the Lord! And what is that name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

March on brothers and sisters it is the Lord our Rock who will subdue peoples under us. Remember this battle is for the souls of men, women, and children. Keep up the good fight!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I can see you agree with God's word in the same way I do. We must battle but we must put on the armor intended for us to have victory.
    Check out my newly released book titled "The Sword and the Spear"
    With it's title you can already tell where it's going.
    I think you will like it.
    here is the link.

    http://bit.ly/cfz9s2

    Blessings,
    Pastor Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor Rod for you comment. My plate is full of many books at this time, but I will put this one on my future readings list. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ernie. A good reminder that we are not alone and that the battle is not ours! He asks us to trust Him, but He also does command us to put on the full armor of God as well! Our battle is not with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. Our weapons: The Word of God, the shield of faith, helmut of salvation, and the breastplate of righteousness and our feet covered with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Amen and amen!

    ReplyDelete

All encouraging and edifying comments welcome!